Planning a luxury trip doesn’t necessarily mean burning a hole as deep as the Grand Canyon in one’s pocket. One can see the world and roam through its vast spaces on a budget too! Not only are there great deals on accommodation, but there are also hundreds of cheap flights available too! Here’s a compilation of destinations with affordable luxury trips for you to choose from.
1. Colombo – Colombo is a destination that has an assortment of things to offer. One can opt for a relaxed evening eating some wonderful seafood by the Mt. Lavinia beach, after having spent the day at one of the city’s fabulous spas. The Elephant orphanage at Pinnawela is an opportunity to feed and also bathe with baby elephants! A city tour around Colombo on a double-Decker bus will introduce you to the charms of the place. There are a lot of markets visit here, besides the Colombo National Museum. Bars, casinos and clubs light up the nightlife of the city!
2. Maldives – Nothing spells ‘luxury’ quite like the islands of Maldives. The cool, blue water sparkles under the sunlight and beckons you nearer, for a closer glimpse of the fish that swarm about and are clearly visible. Diving in the Maldives is an experience one can rarely replicate anywhere else. The abundant reefs, the free-flowing water and the countless variety of sea-life one encounters here together make for a divine Maldivian underwater scene. Maldivian artistry is a testimony to the unique heritage of this place. So, sit back and let the very ambiance of these islands transport you to another world. At an affordable price, of course.
3. Seychelles – The beautiful weather here makes Seychelles an all-year round destination. The soft sands and turquoise waters of the beaches here are perfect for swimming, or relaxing. Island hopping is an easy task with luxurious accommodation being provided for at 16 of these islands. Besides a host of natural wonders below and above the Seychellean waters, there are local bars, artists’ studios and marine parks that add to the beauty of the place.
4. Singapore – The city-state of Singapore has an array of travel opportunities of offer. The cultural hub of the places lies at Riverside, with theatres, museums, clubs and restaurants galore. Unending rows of shopping malls are to be found at Orchard Road, while Marina Bay with its recent addition of the wondrous Gardens by the Bay is one of the most glamorous features of the city. Chinatown too is frequented by visitors for its cultural heritage and the authentic Chinese experience it offers. Singapore holds the reputation for being one of the trendiest cities in the world with its constant line-ups of concerts, parties and events!
5. Kuala Lumpur – The Malaysian capital of Kuala Lumpur has an exceptional amount of entertainment and leisure to offer to its visitors. Home to some of the world’s cheapest 5 star hotels, gourmet wining and dining and excellent shopping opportunities, the city is a delightful bundle of history, modernity, tradition and amusements. Best thing about Kuala Lumpur? It won’t leave your pockets feeling empty!